PelicanTxt.com — Frequently Asked Questions
Some of our customers’ most frequently asked questions are addressed below:
How much does PelicanTXT cost to use?
Signing up is totally free and the software is free to use. Each customer is credited with 100 free text messages on sign-up so they can try our system out for free.
The only cost to our customers is the purchase of text messages from us (once they have used up their 100 free text messages) @ 9p per message + VAT.
We have tried to keep costs as simple as possible — so each message costs 9p + VAT — hence if you text a group of 5 people it will cost 5 x 9p = 45p + VAT and if you text 5 people who are not in a group either individually or together it will cost you 45p + VAT.
A single text can have a maximum of 160 characters — if your message is longer than this two texts will be required — see “Message Summary Box”
NB: Because the system is on our servers PelicanTXT.com can be used from anywhere in the world (UK-Mobile phones only at the moment) as long as you can connect to the internet
How do I import contact details into PelicanTXT.com?
Importing contact details into PelicanTXT.com is very straight forward.
- Simply save (or export — from the application that contact details are currently held in — e.g. Microsoft Outlook, Lotus Notes) your contact details in CSV file format.
- Ensure the CSV file has ONLY 3 columns headed “First Name”; “Last Name” & “Mobile Phone”
- Ensure mobile phone numbers are UK mobile phone numbers starting with a zero — e.g. 07725 777 777, rather than, 7725 777 777 — see example below:
First Name Last Name Mobile Phone David Green 07725 777 777 Jane Blue 07888 777 444
- From the PelicanTXT.com “Contacts and Messaging” screen click on the “Import/Export” button this will take you to an “Import/Export Contacts Screen” — click on the “Browse” button and find the CSV file that you have saved that you wish to import — double click on the CSV file so you can see its directory path in the “CSV file to import box” and finally click on the orange “Upload and Import” button — your contacts should now be uploaded into PelicanTXT.com in the correct format.
Can I send messages to more than one contact at the same time without putting them into a group?
You can send messages to as many contacts as you wish at the same time without collecting them into a group — you can do this by:
- In the “ContactsBox” in the “Contacts & Messaging” screen click on the contacts name — you will see a tick appear in a box to the left of the contact, click on a second or third contact, etc in the same way — the top of the “Contacts Box” will show you how many contacts you have selected
- When you have selected all of the contacts that you wish to text in one go click on “TEXT SELECTED” at the bottom of the “Contacts Box” — you can now type the required text message into the “Message Box” below the “Contacts Box”, the “Message Summary Box” to the left keeps track of the number of recipients you intend to text.
How do I create Groups from my contacts?
- Firstly in the “All Groups Box” — bottom right on the “Contacts & Messaging” screen click on the “NEW GROUP” button — give the group a Name and Description
- Back in the “Contacts Box” in the “Contacts & Messaging Screen” hover the mouse over the contact you wish to put into the group you have selected — and select the “Show Contact Details & Group Memberships” icon you will now see displayed — (to the right) — two boxes — “Groups Contact X is in” and “Groups Contact X isn’t in”
- Hover the mouse over the Group you have just created and select the icon to “Make Selected Contact a Member of this Group”
Can I receive replies to the Text messages I send using PelicanTXT?
Allowing the recipients of TEXT messages sent by PelicanTXT.com to reply to you is very simple.
- From the “Contacts & Messaging” screen — “Account Summary” box click on “EDIT ACCOUNT” — you will then be taken to the “Account Details” screen.
- Under “User preferences” at the bottom of the “Account Details” screen — put in the mobile phone number you wish TEXT message recipients to reply to — (ensure there is NO entry in the “Shortname” box) — then click “Update account”
- In the “Contacts & Messaging” screen the “sender identifier” (“Account Summary” box) will show the UK mobile number that TEXT message recipients will see — and be able to reply to.
If these questions do not address the issue you have with PelicanTXT.com please contact us by e-mail on email@example.com and we will respond with the answer to your question.
Sign up today, and receive 10 top up credits, absolutely free!
Read a selection of case studies.